Sunday, February 13, 2011

Wire Wrapped Delight!

 Here's to wire wrapping!  It's feels like so long since I've wire wrapped a stone and I've forgotten how much I love wire wrapping.  I've been wire wrapping small beads for years now and have always enjoyed making various designs with wire but I have never wire wrapped a stone until last year in September.  I got commissioned to wire wrap some stones from a couple of artisans I meet at central market and I decided to take the challenge.  I warned them in advance I might not be able to do it but they didn't mind.  The next day I googled wire wrapping stones and got some great advice.  I decided to take it a little further, however, and added swirls to the stones to make them more stunning.  I'm pleased to say that the artisans were very please with the stones and in exchange I got some very nice quartz crystals in exchange.  I have yet to put them up on my site but I will do so shortly.  I haven't done much with wire wrapping stones since but I decided I wanted to try again and much to my surprise I rediscovered my love for it. I suppose wire wrapping is just one of my many passions but I do love it!  These are examples of my latest pieces that I've been working on.  You can check them out at my site at www.jiltedrosecreations.artfire.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment