Monday, February 7, 2011

Copper Hearted Earrings

A new piece I just made today and I am extremely happy with them.  I first got the idea by everyone bringing up valentines day and different gifts for then and I thought, well maybe I should try to make something. I originally was going to simply have the hearts be flat but as I started cutting them out and the metal bended I realized how interesting the hearts were when they lifted upwards.  Took me a few broken blades to make these hearts and by the end I wasn't sure if my last blade would hold but I guess I have to call these miracle hearts.  They definitely wanted to be made and the end result was definitely worth it.  The two hearts are actually a little different from the other because I drew each out separately to create two different hearts that thought they are different they are the same and blend perfectly like two hearts beating as one that are from two different people yet are both hearts and therefore a like. I posted them up on my artfire site. Come check it out and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment