Sunday, February 6, 2011

Cuttlefish Cast Piece!

My newest addition to my artfire shop!  It was a blast making this piece, however, it did smell horrible when I was actually casting the piece.  Simply terrible! I will never forget the stench but it was worth it.  At first I wasn't sure what to do with the piece, it was something I merely had fun carving into the cuttlefish bone.  I started playing with some wire, making it conform into the confines of the cuttlefish piece and it just went from there. I made the bezel dented to relate to the textured surface cuttlefish is known for while the wire holds it in place and ties the wire wrapped necklace into the pendant nicely.  This has got to be one of my favorite metals projects ever!  It's hard to part with my pieces, this one especially, but I want the world to share my joy and someone else to have a chance to cherish this piece. Check out the piece at my artfire site and tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment