Tuesday, February 1, 2011

About Jilted Rose Creations

    Here's a bit about myself and about how Jilted Rose Creations came to be.

    Working with beads and creating jewelry has been my hobby and my life in a special way for many years. What kick started my interest in art was meeting one of my teacher's sons when I was only 10. He gave a demonstration to the class on how to draw as well as show off some of the work he did for magazines. I was pretty much hooked after that. My parents got me started by buying me a starter kit and, like any parent, they thought I was quite the little artist. Art brought happiness, joy, and a sense of purpose in my life as well as a way of expressing myself that I never had before. A new pathway opened up for me and by then I knew I wanted to be an artist.

    When I was 12 my neighbor showed me her mothers jewelry tools, some of her pieces and gems she had found on digs. Since I already had a passion for stones this sparked my curiousity. A couple years later I decided that I wanted to try jewelry making but seeing as my school offered no classes on the craft I resorted to books and taught myself with hours of frustration and failure until I improved upon my techniques. I soon realized that working with beads and stones was something that I could see myself doing for the rest of my life. No matter the risks I was more than willing to pursue my new beloved hobby and make it my life. Once in college I took courses in metals and fell in love instantly. I hope to bring some metals pieces into the business once I learn more, but my real passion lies in beading at the current moment.

     I am currently trying my hand in selling my jewelry online.  I'm still new to all of this so it'll probably take me a while to figure out how to go about being productive and learning all the does and don't of creating a website.  I've been playing with names for a very long time and jilted rose creations stuck.  I absolutely adore roses and I've always had a fascination with the word jilted for some odd reason.  Some people are horrified when I tell them my business name but it really does fit.  I rip apart unwanted jewelry and use the beads with new one to create a totally new piece with a life of its own, therefore jilted has purchase in the foundation of the name.  Those piece were jilted by previous owner only to be discovered and created anew into something as beautiful as the rose.

    I would really appreciate it if you would leave feedback about my sites; artfire, etsy, and last but certainly not least weebly!  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment