Saturday, March 26, 2011

Glass Shards

So I went on a walk on the rail trail last week with my mom when I noticed a lot of glass on the ground.  A crazy idea popped in my head that maybe, just maybe, I could use them in my jewelry and wire wrap them so I went over and picked up all the shards, even the little ones.  Eventually, when I get the equipment, I will make bezel settings for the smaller shards since they are a beautiful color and the bigger ones I am slowly making rings and pendants using wire.  I am trying to make them as less sharp as possible but I would not recommend these to little children just in case.  So far they are looking beautiful but I need to get some more pictures taken and more made before I start posting them online for sale.  Let me know what you think about them, I might even donate a dollar of each sale to the rail trail if I can find out how to donate to them (I'll have to look it up).

No comments:

Post a Comment